West Bloomfield Parks staff processes all program registrations. There are 3 easy ways to register. Please note that some programs do require paperwork to accompany payment, therefore phone nor online registration is an option. For security purposes, credit card information should not be emailed and can be called in over the phone.
Walk-In or Mail
Register at the Recreation Activities Center, 4640 Walnut Lake Rd, West Bloomfield, MI 48323.
Office Hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-4:30pm. Closed Saturdays and Sundays as well as some Holidays. Please do not use mail if time sensitive and keep a copy for your records before you send it.
Please call 248-451-1900.
Online registration is available for most of our programs and classes.
- If you are a first-time participant with us, which means you have never registered for an activity or rented a facility with WB Parks (in-person, over the phone, online) and don’t receive our weekly newsletter, please go to the ‘Register Online’ tab and select to Create an Account.
- If you have an account with us (which means you receive our Weekly Buzz newsletter) but you have not ever registered online or may have forgotten your password, go to the ‘Register Online’ tab and please click on ‘Reset Password’ to get a temporary one. You will then be able to personalize the password if you wish.
- If you are unsure if you have an account with us (would be linked to an email); please click on ‘Reset Password’ to see if your email is on file. If it is, you will soon receive an email and with a temporary password and then be able to personalize it if you wish.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our customer service team who will be happy to help assist you at (248)451-1900.
- Register before the start date of your class. Some classes have registration deadlines in the class descriptions and late registration fees do apply.
- Onsite registration is not accepted on the first day of class.
- Once you are registered, plan to attend class unless otherwise notified. You will be contacted by phone or email only if a class is cancelled or there has been a class change.
- Some classes require material fees and are noted in the class descriptions in the brochure. Material fees are paid directly to the class instructor at the first class.
- Programs will not be prorated due to missed dates on the participant’s behalf.
- Pre-paid individual classes are available for most fitness classes.
For your convenience, we accept cash, check, all credit cards and Apple Pay.
Non-Sufficient Funds Fee (NSF)
There is a $35 fee for all check, charge and debit transactions returned for reasons of non-payment and you will be unenrolled in the activity until all activity fees and NSF fees are paid.
General Waivers must be signed before the start of your program. General Waivers are attached as a separate document with your emailed receipt. Waivers are needed on an annual basis per participant. If registering for a Camp, a Camp Waiver will supersede the General Waiver.
WB Parks reserves the right to cancel due to low enrollment or instructor illness. If the minimum number for enrollment hasn’t been met with pre-registered participants, it could be cancelled. If WB Parks cancels a program, you have the option of a full refund back to your original form of payment (no cash refunds) or in the form of a credit to your WB Parks account. Credits can be used for any future purchase within a year, and unless noted otherwise, can be requested back to you as a refund. Credit refunds will always be in the form of a check and are approved by the WB Parks Commission once a month which may take up to 4-6 weeks to process. WB Parks has the ability to make discretionary decisions with refunds/transfers based on activity minimums and registration deadlines.
A receipt will be emailed to you upon registration, by any of the above methods. If applicable, receipts will include important notes and reminders. Please include a valid email address or update your online account when registering. If you have not received an emailed receipt, please call to verify registration status.
Residents are defined as taxpayers to West Bloomfield Township. Non-residents are allowed to register for most of our programs. The general guidelines for setting non-resident fees are as follows: $5 is added for every $50 increment.
Some programs are discount-eligible. Programs NOT eligible for discounts are: nature, ticketed events, trips nor events.
- For those programs that are eligible for discounts, customers receive a $5 discount by registering at least seven (7) days prior to the class start date of the program.
Free Events & Trips (for those that require advance registration)
Cancellations of a free event or trip require a 24 hours’ notice in order to be in good standing and eligible for registration in the next brochure of offerings, unless a doctor’s note is provided. Additionally, this allows us the courtesy to contact the next person on the waitlist, as many of our free events and trips are full and are generously sponsored by a local business.
Patron Requested Refunds & Transfers
- Medical Reasons: Unless stated otherwise in the program description, if your refund request is medical in nature, please provide a written request via firstname.lastname@example.org with a doctor’s note with date of ineligibility of participation and those dates will be fully refunded (less the dates you attended before the medical issue) and no administration fee will apply. Ineligibility of participation dates must be within the dates you are requesting a refund for, otherwise request cannot be honored. Requests must be made before the last class/camp date. The doctor’s note must be received within one week of the request.
- One day activities, special events and class sessions: Unless otherwise stated, must be requested 1 week prior to the date of the activity, less a $10 administrative fee. There is no charge for special event time change requests if made a week prior to the event date. There is no charge for a class instructor/staff requested transfer or refund.
- Lily Pad Springs: Must be requested prior to Noon the day before your scheduled visit. No administration fees will be charged for the first refund on your account. Subsequent refunds will be charged $10 per transaction.
- Trips: If the registration fee is more than $10 and can be re-sold to another participant, a full refund will be given less a $10 administrative fee. If less than $10, the entire registration fee is forfeited. Restaurant Rambler and SRG Trip transfer requests or refund requests, can be made no later than 2 weeks after the registration begin date, with no additional fees.
- Adult Softball: If the team can be replaced with another team, a full refund will be given less a $10 administrative fee. No refunds once a schedule has been published or two weeks prior to the beginning of the season, whichever comes first.
- Camp WB, WB Nature Camps and all Contracted Camps: Refunds and transfers must be requested by the Tuesday prior to (the first day) of Camp by 11:59pm, less a $10 administrative fee. No refunds will be given after this timeframe.
- Facility or Shelter Rentals: If notice is given 30 days prior to the rental reservation date, a full refund will be given less a $20 administrative fee. Refunds will not be granted with less than 30 days remaining prior to the rental date. If a rental must be cancelled due to the weather at the patron’s request, a refund will not be issued, however every attempt will be made for a rescheduled date during the calendar year. We prefer two weeks’ notice on all facility or shelter rental date transfer requests. A $20 admin fee will be charged.
Code of Conduct and Suspension Policy
West Bloomfield Parks strives to provide premier facilities, programs and service so that residents have the opportunity to participate in high quality, diversified fitness, recreation, social and educational opportunities. Guests and participants are entitled to responsive service in a welcoming, safe and enjoyable atmosphere. At the same time, West Bloomfield Parks expects reasonable and appropriate behavior from those who call our Department, visit our facilities and participate in our programs. For more information on West Bloomfield Parks’ Code of Conduct and Suspension Policy or to request grievance procedures, contact WB Parks’ Executive Director at 248-451-1900.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Policy
The Americans with Disabilities Act ensures equal access to public services. West Bloomfield Parks recognizes and accepts responsibility for serving all people and will make reasonable accommodations in order to serve persons with disabilities in our programs and at our facilities; therefore, our Department cannot exclude people with disabilities from programs unless their presence would pose a direct threat to the health or safety of others or require a fundamental alteration of the program. We must make reasonable modifications to integrate children, parents and guardians with disabilities into our programs. For more information on West Bloomfield Parks’ ADA compliance or to request grievance procedures, contact the Executive Director at 248-451-1900.
- Check our homepage weekly for featured classes. Sign up for our Recreation Rundown email newsletter that goes out weekly, by going to the very bottom of our website and entering your email address.
- LIKE us on Facebook by searching West Bloomfield Parks.
- Follow us on twitter @WB_Parks.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel, West Bloomfield Parks
- Find us on Instagram at WB_parks.
- Tune in to Civic Center TV. This channel is a service of the Greater West Bloomfield Cable Commission, providing live and on-demand meeting coverage, community programming and local information on Comcast (channel 15), AT&T (channel 99) or online at civiccentertv.com.
- Class/Activity/Event: WB Parks reserves the right to cancel an activity due to inclement weather or circumstances beyond our control. In the event schools are closed, all programs that start on or before 10am are automatically cancelled. Programs starting after 10:15 am will be decided on at least one hour before its start time. Notifications of a cancellation will be made by email and/ or by phone. In some instances, cancellations may be recorded on the main Recreation Activities Center phone line and there are designated weather lines for Softball, Lily Pad Springs & Camps. If we have to cancel for weather, we will make every effort to reschedule, but if a make-up is not possible, a partial refund will be provided in the form of a household credit.
- Lily Pad Springs: If we close the facility for inclement weather or the temperature doesn’t reach 65/70 degrees, you will receive an email and automatic refund. We don’t automatically close for rain, if you don’t show up for your session and we are open, there is no credit or refund. If we close within the first 30 minutes/hour of a session, you will receive a free pass to come back, and must be present at that time to receive it.
- Shelter: If an outdoor rental must be cancelled due to inclement weather, we will make every attempt to reschedule the rental date during the current calendar season. Please notify WB Parks the next business day to reschedule.