West Bloomfield Trail
HoursAll parks are open 8:00 am to sunset
The West Bloomfield Trail is a 64 acre linear park that meanders for 6.8 miles through West Bloomfield, Orchard Lake, Keego Harbor and Sylvan Lake. The trail extends from Sylvan Manor Park in the east to Haggerty Road in the west. This former railroad corridor has been purchased and developed over the years with the assistance of grants from the Michigan DNR and the Michigan DOT.
The trail includes:
- Scenic overlooks
- Bike racks
- Bike repair stations (one at Arrowhead Rd. and one at Sylvan Manor Park)
- Mileage markers
- Seasonal portable restroom (permanent restroom construction begins in 2023)
Please note: Motorized vehicles are prohibited except for mobility devices and Class 1 ebikes.
- Central Trailhead: 4655 Arrowhead Rd., West Bloomfield, MI 48323
- East Trailhead: Sylvan Manor Park 2294 Woodrow Wilson Blvd., MI 48324
- Haggerty to Walnut Lake: 0.25 miles
- Walnut Lake to Halsted: 1.4 miles
- Halsted to Arrowhead: 1 mile
- Arrowhead to Mirror Lake: 0.64 miles
- Mirror Lake to Arline: 0.32 miles
- Arline to Orchard Lake #1: 0.77 miles
- Orchard Lk Rd #1 to Orchard Lk Rd #2: 0.77 miles
- Orchard Lk Rd #2 to Orchard Lk Rd #3: .76 miles
- Orchard Lk Rd #3 to Sylvan Manor Park: 0.89 miles
- Announce your presence/signal to others
- Keep right except to pass
- Pass on left
- Use hand signals
- Yield to pedestrians
- Speed limit 15 mph
- Wear a helmet
- Stay on designated trail
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited except for mobility devices and Class 1 ebikes
The West Bloomfield Trail makes up a small portion of the Great Lake-to-Lake Trail, which spans across the state from South Haven to Port Huron. This trail is made up of 16 individual trails and touches 9 counties, 34 municipalities and 42 townships in the state’s first fully-marked destination trail.
Learn about Hawk Signal crossings. Whether walking, biking or driving, Hawk Signals are important to ensure a safe and fun trail experience!