West Bloomfield Dog Park
HoursOpen daily, year-round from 8 am to sunset except on Wednesdays when it closes from 8 to 11 am for maintenance
The West Bloomfield Dog Park is located in Karner Farm at 5911 Halsted Road. This property is shared with our Community Garden. The park is open daily, year-round from 8 am to sunset except on Wednesdays when it closes from 8 to 11 am for maintenance. The park has drinking water, seasonally, for dogs and bags for waste disposal. Entrance into the dog park is controlled by a keyless electronic system during these hours: 8 am-6:30 pm (Nov-Feb) & 8 am-8 pm (Mar-Oct).
The Dog Park offers nearly 4 acres of fenced-in area and is divided into 3 sections – one for all dogs, one for small dogs up to 25 lbs and one for people with physical limitations (ADA Accessible).
Permits for 2024 will go on sale December 1, 2023.
The annual fee is $60 for residents and $140 for non-residents and is not prorated. We will accept a maximum of 40 non-resident households. Enrollment for non-residents can be suspended at any time, at the discretion of WB Parks, if the demand and/or frequency of use increases.
You are registering, as the owner of your pet, for the dog park. Any other person who may take your dog(s) to the park without you, must also register. This means: watch the required online video, complete the quiz, and submit a photocopy of your driver’s license along with all required paperwork.
Additionally, lost or stolen key fobs are $15.
STEP ONE: Prepare paperwork to be submitted
1. Proof of up-to-date* Oakland County Dog License – This can be purchased from one of the following 3 options:
- Check with your local vet to see if they offer the service or
- The Online Pet Licensing System
- West Bloomfield Treasurer’s Office*
2. Current vaccinations, which MUST include Bordetella
3. Proof of spay/neuter, unless the dog is under 24 months or you have a letter from your vet indicating their specific recommendation for your dog. This should be submitted for approval before your application to expedite the process.
4. Complete the 2024 WB Parks Dog Park Permit Application
5. Dog Park Orientation Quiz
6. A valid Driver’s License. It must show West Bloomfield Township residency or you must provide proof that you pay taxes to West Bloomfield Township.
- Registration will not be permitted if the county dog license, vaccination papers and driver’s license do not match exactly.
- Any other adult within your household, who would also be taking the dog(s) to the park, must also provide a copy of their driver’s license, watch the video and take the quiz.
*Up-to-date means, the license must be valid through the year applying for or later OR the license can’t expire in the same month you are submitting your application.
STEP TWO: Submit paperwork
Paperwork for the Dog Park can be submitted by email, fax, mail or drop box or in-person.
STEP THREE: Payment
Once all paperwork has been approved, you will make payment or be called to make a payment, which is not pro-rated. We will take applications/payments on a first-come, first-serve basis until we are at capacity. If applying remotely, once payment is confirmed, your tag & fob will be available for pick up if not applying in person.
In the event that any of the West Bloomfield Dog Park Rules are violated by a permit holder or a complaint is made by another permit holder, West Bloomfield Parks reserves the right to immediately suspend or revoke permits of all parties involved. Disciplinary actions do not take place without an investigation by a WB Parks representative.